Danielle, en route to a 5:12 bike split!
Congratulations to Danielle Kehoe, the 2012 Female 25-29 Age-Group Ironman World Champion! Danielle raced the Ironman World Championship on Saturday, October 13 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Her total finishing time of 9:51:07
, including a 1:07 Swim
, 5:11:26 Bike
, and a 3:27:32 Run
not only won her the F25-29 title, but was the second fastest amateur female time, as well as the 18th fastest overall female finish, including professionals.
Danielle Kehoe, Ironman World Champion!
Danielle’s coach, Lee Gardner
, had this to say about her performance: “This race was epic for Danielle! We’ve worked very hard all year. It’s a world championship course. It’s always hot and windy and just such a challenging course to race on, but we went there prepared. That being said, it takes a special athlete to be able to push themselves as hard as Danielle pushed. That was a world class effort, and I am very proud of her.”
In 2012, Danielle has produced the following results leading up to the Ironman World Championship:
• Ironman St. George, 1st F25-29 AG, 3rd OA
• 5430 Sprint, 1st F25-29 AG, 2nd OA
• Boulder Peak, 1st F25-29 AG, 8th OA
• Ironman Boulder 70.3, 1st F25-29, 2nd amateur female
• Ironman World Championship 70.3, 1st F25-29, 1st amateur female, 15th OA
• Ironman World Championship, 1st F25-29, 2nd amateur female, 18th OA