* 1 cup frozen organic blueberries (or fresh locally grown)
* 1 cup frozen strawberries (or fresh locally grown)
* 1 serving egg white, whey protein or hemp protein powder
* 1 organic banana
* 1 tablespoon flax oil (organic, high lignan)
* 4 oz. water
* handful of ice cubes
* 1 tbs dulse flakes (optional- see below)
* for more calcium you can add 1/2 cup of non-fat milk, soymilk, hemp milk, or non-fat unsweetened yogurt.
* for a taste of the Caribbean, use frozen mango and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut and banana instead of blueberry and strawberry.
* Dulse contains high levels of iodine, as well as calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium and zinc. It has vitamins A, C, E, and most of the B vitamins, including B6 and B12. Since it is a seaweed you should start off with a tablespoon and adjust to taste.
Pour into a blender and enjoy!